Translate

Friday 11 February 2022

Lyre Fluorocarbon String sets: more options

Ideally, you would choose your lyre based on the pitch you wanted to play or to match your voice for accompaniment but if you already have the lyre then there is still some range of flexibility depending on the thickness and placement of the string, this is why I have a wide range of string sets available.

My new "Viking" set for the Anglo-Saxon Lyre 6 string model is thicker than my standard set and allows the shorter scale model I offer to tune to G pitch if required.

Tuning examples depending on the length of the lyre:

Standard Lyre strings:

Sutton Hoo G / Trossingen E / Viking Lyre B pitch

Trossingen G Set:

Sutton Hoo A / Trossingen G /Viking Lyre C pitch

Viking Set

Sutton Hoo D / Trossingen C / Viking Lyre G Pitch

String sets are available from my etsy shop

Etsy Shop

Plans for the small Viking Lyre are included with the 7 String Lyre plans here:

No comments: